2012 was a successful year for Vasakronan, particularly in terms of our sustainability efforts. We are now publishing the English translation of our 2012 Sustainability Report, which is titled, Vasakronan In Balance.
Our aim was to describe our sustainability efforts over the last year in an easily accessible way that will hopefully also provide inspiration to others.
Here are some of the milestones achieved by Vasakronan in 2012:
- In 2010, Vasakronan launched its Green Lease concept and was the first property company in Sweden to offer such an alternative. As of year-end, nearly 900 of our tenants had signed Green Leases. Furthermore, an industry-wide model for green leases was introduced in 2012.
- In 2012 we reduced energy use by 7 percent (the goal was 6 percent). This brought us one step closer to our goal of energy use that is 50 percent below the industry average.
- We also expanded the scope of our sustainability efforts. In the past, our primary focus was on financial responsibility, climate and the environment. Now, it also includes social responsibility.
- We appointed a Head of Sustainability in order to increase focus on issues that fall within the scope of our social responsibility.
- We began cooperating closely with Löparakademin. It is a non-profit organization that helps children and youth in socially deprived areas set and reach their academic, health and other goals in life.
- We moved our head office to a new address in Stockholm. It is a modern, digital, paperless workplace where employees work in an activity-based way. Our new approach has received a great deal of attention in the media and we are using this knowledge in customer and leasing activities. To be the best lessor possible, Vasakronan feels that it is important to test new office solutions for its customers.
More information and inspiration is available in our 2012 Sustainability Report, Vasakronan in balance.
You can also watch a short video (available in Swedish only) where our CEO, Fredrik Wirdenius, talks about our sustainability efforts and why they are such a high priority for Vasakronan.
For further information, please contact:
Head of Sustainability
Phone no. +46 (0) 70 968 15 81